Mattabasset Owners Association Pool Rules
The pool season runs from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day weekend.
Pool hours while school is in session are Monday – Friday, 3 pm – 8 pm; Saturday and Sunday 10 am – 8 pm.
Full operation begins at the close of the school year when pool hours will be Sunday – Saturday, 10 am – 8 pm.
An “OPEN” flag will be displayed at all times when pool is open.
Admission to the pool area is limited to MATTABASSET RESIDENTS IN GOOD STANDING with POOL PASS. ALL GUESTS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A RESIDENT TO USE POOL. Adolescents visiting relatives for the summer are not considered residents.
- Children under ten (10) years of age must be accompanied by a parent or responsible person at least thirteen (13) years old, able to swim and attired for swimming. They must assume full responsibility of the children at all times within the pool and bathroom areas.
- All persons must shower with warm water and soap before entering the pool. Persons using tanning oil are required to shower before entering the pool.
- For the safety and protection of others in the pool, persons with skin abrasions, colds, inflamed eyes, contagious conditions or infections or wearing bandages are NOT TO USE THE POOL.
- No spitting or blowing one’s nose in the pool is permitted.
- No boisterous splashing, dunking, running, roughness or similar behavior in the pool, on pool deck or in bathroom area is permitted.
- Only lifesaving equipment or swimming aids approved by lifeguard on duty are allowed in the pool. Infant flotation devices are allowed closely monitored by parent or guardian.
- No adult or child will be allowed in the deep-water section of the pool unless his or her ability to swim has been acceptably demonstrated to the lifeguard on duty. If needed, the lifeguard may ask that ability be shown at any time.
- Any child not toilet trained MUST wear swimsuit diaper. DO NOT DISPOSE OF SOILED DIAPERS IN THE POOL TRASH.
- Return tables, chairs and lounges to original locations and close umbrellas after each use to avoid damage. PLEASE CLEAN UP.
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS OR GRILLS ARE ALLOWED.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE ALLOWED.
- Only handicapped persons may park in designated spaces on Mattabasset Drive and must display a handicapped card on rear view mirror at all times.
- The LIFEGUARD IS NOT A BABYSITTER. Parents/guardians are responsible for the behavior of their children at all times in or out of the pool.
- Violations of Rules: MOA Board of Directors or lifeguards have the authority to immediately suspend the abuser’s pool privileges.
Complaints, suggestions or recommendations can be submitted to the office (use brown mailbox closes to pool office building). Pool passes may be requested (fee may apply). Call 203-237-6187 and leave unit #, name and phone number.